
It bores clear through it with its roots.它的根清晰地穿过它。
And if the planet is too small,如果行星太小,
and the baobabs are too many,而且猴面包树太多,
they split it in pieces...他们就会把星球拆成碎片……
“It is a question of discipline,”“这是一个纪律问题,”
the little prince said to me later on.小王子后来对我说。
“When you’ve finished your own toilet in the morning,then it is time to attend to the toilet of your planet,just so, with the greatest care.You must see to it that you pull up regularly all the baobabs,at the very first moment when they can be distinguished from the rosebushes which they resemble so closely in their earliest youth.”
“当你早上洗完自己的厕所后,那么是时候去处理你星球的厕所了,就这样,小心翼翼地。你必须确保定期拔掉所有的猴面包树,在它们刚出生时,就能与哪些在幼年时期长得非常相似的玫瑰丛区分开来。”
“It is very tedious work,” the little prince added, “but very easy.”“这是一项非常乏味的工作,”小王子又说,“但是很容易。”
And one day he said to me,“You ought to make a beautiful drawing, so that the children where you live can see exactly how all this is. That would be very useful to them if they were to travel some day.” 有一天他对我说,“你应该画一幅漂亮的画,这样你住的地方的孩子们就能清楚地看到这一切。如果他们有一天要旅行,这将对他们非常有用。”
“Sometimes,”he added,“there is no harm in putting off a piece of work until another day.But when it is a matter of baobabs,that always means a catastrophe. knew a planet that was inhabited by a lazy man.He neglected three little bushes...”
“有时,”他补充说,“把一件工作推迟到另一天并没有什么坏处,但当涉及到猴面包树时,那总是意味着灾难。我知道有一个星球住着一个懒人。他忽略了三丛小灌木……”
So, as the little prince described it to me,I have made a drawing of that planet.
正如小王子向我描述的那样,我画了那颗行星的图。
I do not much like to take the tone of a moralist.我不太喜欢摆出道德家的腔调。
But the danger of the baobabs is so little understood,但人们对猴面包树的危险知之甚少,
and such considerable risks would be run by anyone who might get lost on an asteroid,任何可能在小行星上迷路的人都会面临如此巨大的风险,
that for once I am breaking through my reserve. 这一次我要打破我的矜持。
“Children,” I say plainly, “watch out for the baobabs!”“孩子们,”我直截了当【开门见山】地说,“小心猴面包树!”

My friends,我的朋友们
like myself,像我一样
have been skirting this danger for a long time, 长期以来一直在回避这种风险,
without ever knowing it;在不知情的情况下;
and so it is for them that I have worked so hard over this drawing.所以,为了他们,我在这幅画上付出了如此多的努力。
The lesson which I pass on by this means is worth all the trouble it has cost me.我通过这种方式传递的教训,值得我付出的一切努力。
Perhaps you will ask me,也许你会问我,
“Why is there no other drawing in this book as magnificent and impressive as this drawing of the baobabs?”为什么这本书里没有其他画作能像这幅猴面包树的画一样即宏伟又令人印象深刻呢?
The reply is simple.答案很简单。
I have tried. 我试过了。
But with the others I have not been successful.但和其他人一起,我没有成功。
When I made the drawing of the baobabs I was carried beyond myself by the inspiring force of urgent necessity.当我画猴面包树的时候,我被迫切需要的鼓舞力量带走了。
版权声明:本文转载于今日头条,版权归作者所有,如果侵权,请联系本站编辑删除
